Starting in 2013, If you plan to apply for undergraduate school, you now need to take JAMB UTME in a commercial testing and assessment center. These centers provide the facilities for students to take exams in conditions that comply with the guidelines of JAMB that will evaluate the results. Depending on your feelings about tests, taking an exam in one of these facilities can be nerve-wracking to terrifying, especially if your previous experience with exams was with pencil and paper, rather than the computer-based tests that now dominate the industry. If it is the first time you’ve been to a testing center, those feelings can be even more intense. Since 2013, We have provided testing assistance to individuals in professional testing simulations. Below are some useful tips about how any kind of test candidate can not only survive, but thrive on exam day.
- Preview the facility. Check with your testing center if you can tour the test center before your exam day.
- Know the rules of the center. In addition to learning about the facility, it can be extremely valuable to know the basic requirements and restrictions of the testing center before exam day.
- Bring exactly what you need. Most test centers will not provide you with a locker so that you don’t need to lose any items that are not allowed into the exam room.
- Arrive early. Leave earlier for the test center than you think you need to, even if you’re certain you know how to get there.
- Prepare physically. Even if you have trouble sleeping the night before an exam, engaging in relaxing, enjoyable activities before bed can help to soothe your nerves.
- Dress for comfort. Exam day is definitely not the time to dress to impress. Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely.
- Bring high-energy snacks. You may wish to bring a few healthy foods to nibble while waiting for your exam time.
- Be ready for security measures. Professional testing facilities are serious about ensuring that your exam is completed in compliance with the guidelines of the governing testing organization.
- Take your time getting settled. In most cases, once the clock is running, you will need to stay focused on your exam until its conclusion.
TECRES Consult provide CBT Training to Senior Secondary School students. We guide students using JAMB past questions in a simulated environment to help students get familiar with computer based Testing. Be prepared and ready to excel.
Contact us today